Monday, February 1, 2010

National Oatmeal Month - January

OK, I was going to get a video clip to stick in here, but I couldn't find one I like, so we'll just go without the music.....

I have a confession to make.... I didn't get any layouts uploaded last week.  I did get more of my mom's pictures sorted - found her old report cards from elementary school, her birth certificate, and a bunch of hospital stuff from my brothers' births - cool stuff. I did get the CheckBoxZ finished up, so I just need to snap some pics & upload them to the shop.  I did start a layout of my nephew's birthdays.  I think I'm doing 5 on a page.  Even grabbed a couple out of my parent's duplicates folder, how cool is that?  I did sing special music yesterday & have a nice long lunch with pastor Kay.  I did take a nap.  I did help my parents by cleaning out their closet.  Mostly.  My dad needs to give up some of his coats.  And I did proof some of my digital photos.  I'm down to doing about a folder a week instead of before.  But they are still getting done.  It's eating an elephant - one bite at a time.  But I'm sorry I didn't get any layouts uploaded.  I also did run out of time and energy.  The new schedule is kicking my hiney, but it will be OK.

OK, and since my mom has always said I'll be late for my own funeral, which means I suppose in this case that I'm a day late & a dollar short, it was national oatmeal month in January.  So, I think you should celebrate by having a big, steaming bowl of this yummy goodness.  And yes, I recommend this brand, and this kind of oatmeal.  Free your tastebuds from instant, it's worth it, trust me.  Now, in Ireland, they call it porridge, you know as in "peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot, nine days old".  But whatever name you call it, there is only 1 word to describe it - yummy, hearty, delicious, filing, good for you... OK, maybe more than 1....

 

And yes, clementines are darling, and yummy too.  We each bunches of them, thanks to an old Spanish prof I had at IUPUI who turned me on to them.   They are so easy to peel, small & yummy!

So, I also challenge you to make a layout about your love of oatmeal (or clementines) and if you want, send it to me, I'll post it here, just email me benzillascrapping at gmail dot com...

Happy scrapping!
elle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment